Job Description—Office Assistant:
St Matthew’s United Methodist Church
8617 Little River Turnpike
Annandale, VA 22003
Date Prepared Date approved by SPRC
Position Available: Immediately
Hours: 15 hours per week; to be determined with supervisor, but generally Tuesday and Wednesday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm; Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Summary: This part-time Office Assistant serves as a support person for the administrative work carried out through the church office. Working under the direction of the Office Manager, the Office Assistant performs a variety of tasks ranging from welcoming persons in the church office, phone coverage backup for receptionist, document preparation, computer data entry, and materials duplication using the church office equipment.
- Provide administrative assistance to the church staff, as directed by the Senior Pastor and Office Manager.
- Be a welcoming and friendly first impression representative of the church to those who contact the office in person, phone or email. Assist the phone volunteers with the Walk-in Ministry and helping to distribute food assistance. Appropriate dress and manner is expected at all times.
- Assist the Director of Communications by creating, editing, and publishing the weekly church bulletin and prayer list; creating, editing and preparing for distribution the weekly announcements; and maintaining and updating the church calendar.
- Pleasant speaking manner when answering the phone or in conversation.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Help maintain church database (ACS) including data entry, query searches, and print reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate with some college-
- Prefer at least two years administrative experience.
- Have working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Publisher (or equivalent), Outlook, Internet Explorer, Google Calendar, ACS Technologies software program to maintain church membership and attendance (training provided).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong initiative required.
- Requires sitting for extended times and ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Attention to accuracy in communications essential. Must be detail-oriented, with good grammar and proofreading skills.
- Equipment used in this position includes computers, phones, copiers, postal meter, etc.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com or mail to Terry Moran, St. Matthew’s United Methodist Church, 8617 Little River Turnpike, Annandale, VA 22003.
St. Matthew’s Week Day School looking for Substitute Teachers