- Sunday Greeters Needed: Whether you’re a long-time member or a first-time visitor, when you walk in to St. Matthew’s you are welcomed with a “Good Morning!” from a smiling greeter. This important ministry needs more volunteers. If you’d like to help our church maintain its tradition of being a Certified Welcoming Congregation, please contact Joanna Boyles. Or click here to sign up via SignUp Genius.
- Scripture Readers & Communion Servers Needed: We are looking for people of all ages to help lead us in worship as Scripture Readers and Communion Servers! Look for sign up sheets at the Welcome Center near the church entrance, or go directly to the online sign up links: Communion Sign Up or Scripture Readers Sign Up
- Christmas Greeters Needed: We will have four worship services on Christmas Eve: a family service at 4, a modern service at 6, and the traditional services at 8:30 and 11. And we will have a worship service at 10am on Christmas Day. We are looking for greeters for each of the 5 services to show up 30 min early and greet newcomers and members with a warm welcome to St. Matthews. If you are interested, please sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b4bafaa2ca64-christmas1. If you have questions, please reach out to Joanna Boyles, Director of Welcoming at email@example.com.
Volunteer Opportunities for our Community
- Feed the Hungry: We need a volunteer to join a team to pickup food from the Food for Others warehouse and distribute it to two Baileys Crossroads locations on the second Wednesdays of the month at 5:30 p.m. It takes about 90 minutes. Contact Bo Tumasz at 703-239-2936 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fairfax CASA utilizes volunteers to work with abused and neglected children that have been referred by the Fairfax County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court. Currently, they are receiving referrals once every 30 hours. Fairfax CASA currently provides pre-service and in-service training for our volunteers, while providing them with a supervisor who is knowledgeable and can give them one-on-one support in regard to each individual case. Our staff provides the volunteers with moral support, communication of updates and legal advice which helps them determine what is best for the child they represent. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Darcy Cunningham at (703) 273- 3526, ext. 11 or email@example.com.