Volunteer Opportunities for our Community
Food for Others Volunteer Opportunities:
St Matthew’s UMC Food for Others coordinator and point of contact: Bo Tumasz at 703-239-2936 or email@example.com.
- Food for Others 2938 Prosperity Avenue Fairfax, VA 22031 703-207-9173 foodforothers.org.
- Gleaning food between 9 and 11 on Tue GIANT AT UNIVERSITY MALL (across from George Mason University Braddock Road and 123) 10653 Braddock Rd Fairfax VA 22032 and deliver to warehouse.
- Distributing food between 5:30 and 7 on Tue and Wed. 2 person teams pickup food at Food for Others warehouse at 2938 Prosperity Avenue (between Route 50 and Lee Highway) about 5:20.
- Tuesday Food Distribution Sites Tue Site 1 at 6 PM: Columbia Commons: Corner of South Dickerson St and 8th Tue Site 2 at 6:30 PM: Barcroft: Recycling center parking lot, corner of Columbia Pike and Four Mile Run Dr/S. Buchanan St.
- Wednesday Food Distribution Sites (Wed Site 1 at 6 PM: Bailey’s: next to Bailey’s Shelter at 3525 Moncure Avenue off Columbia Pike. Wed Site 2 at 6:30 PM: Culmore: 6055 Glen Carlyn Drive, at rear of the Culmore shopping center on the sidewalk. Culmore is on Route 7 between Seven Corners and Bailey’s Crossroads.
Fairfax CASA utilizes volunteers to work with abused and neglected children that have been referred by the Fairfax County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court. Currently, they are receiving referrals once every 30 hours. Fairfax CASA currently provides pre-service and in-service training for our volunteers, while providing them with a supervisor who is knowledgeable and can give them one-on-one support in regard to each individual case. Our staff provides the volunteers with moral support, communication of updates and legal advice which helps them determine what is best for the child they represent. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Darcy Cunningham at (703) 273- 3526, ext. 11 or firstname.lastname@example.org.